Detailed property inspection reports within 24 hours! For buyers or sellers in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Palmerston North, Queenstown and a region near you
With an inspection report at the ready, you will have an informative negotiating tool when trying to purchase or sell your property.
Whatever your specific needs, The New Zealand House Inspection Company can help. We provide comprehensive classic property inspection reports, unauthorised work order reports and council records inspection reports plus insurance rebuild reports related to earthquake damage. It all depends on the age and condition of your investment.
Read on for more information about these, check out our sample reports or contact us now to talk to a NZHIC building inspector near you. NZHIC is a nationwide franchise with a 24-hour turnaround on all inspection reports.
Don’t head into property investment with your eyes closed. Make an informed decision regarding your house purchase or sale. Book in your pre-purchase inspection in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch and receive the right report for your requirements. It will save you time and money in the long run. Get in touch!
Eight reasons why you need a property inspection report
The purpose of the inspection is to identify major current deficiencies that are visually identifiable. Most homes only need the standard pre-purchase report to be carried out on a potential property. This covers the features such as foundations and exteriors. However, sometimes a little more detail and information is needed and we can help with this…
1. Highlights all minor and major problems.
2. Gives you an indication on the renovations you will need to carry out.
3. Is carried out by a professionally trained NZHIC house inspector.
4. Professional, protected and produced within 24 hours of the inspection taking place.
5. Offers solutions to solving potential problems that will mean you do not have to pull out of a sale.
6. Jammed packed full of information – you wouldn’t even need to view the property to make a decision! This safeguards you if you are buying from overseas and can’t view the property yourself.
7. Will help guide you in making a decision whether the property is safe to purchase and worth the amount of investment you’re putting into it.
8. Can be used as a negotiating tool to make sure you don’t pour too much money into a home that is going to require a lot of expensive work done on it.
Full range of house inspection reports available – Which one do you need for a stress free purchase or sale?
Time is of the essence when you want to make an offer on a house, make sure you get the right report the first time!
NZHIC can advise you on which report you need so you get the right information for making a decision fast! NZHIC also provide earthquake inspections, insurance inspections and insurance rebuild reports.
1. Classic property inspection report for home buyers and sellers
Your classic house inspection report will document the interior and exterior condition of your future purchase or sale. Types of considerations include…
– Foundations and structure
– Roofing, guttering, downpipes etc.
– Plumbing and electrical work
– Insulation and ventilation
– Interior and exterior security
…plus any pest control issues
Random moisture testing is done around windows and doors with a moisture metre, so this will be documented. The condition of major problem areas of the house such as under the floor, and the ceiling space will also be itemised. Not only that, you’ll get photos demonstrating the problem areas included in your report.
All NZHIC building inspectors are able to offer you the best advice based on years of experience in the industry which will help you in deciding how best to spend your money.
2. Unauthorised work order reports for alterations or additions to an existing home
NZHIC provides a report for unauthorised work orders. This is an inspection for those homes that appear to have had work carried out on them by the present or past owners.
For example a deck may have been built, or a garage added to the premises. This can be investigated for you. The benefit is that you find out whether there are any permits that should have been obtained prior to work being carried out early on in the procedure.
Your report will also offer you solutions and advice based on the findings. This report is suitable to submit to the council for permit applications.
3. Council records inspection report for heritage homes
Your council records inspection report will provide you with all the info on your potential new property and highlight any historic problems.
A visit to the council offices is made on your behalf and the archives are accessed to obtain the details for that particular house. A thorough search is carried out finding the relevant information, making checks on the building works and then reported back to you.
This discloses the history of the building and can explain things to you that may otherwise be hidden in jargon, such as initial plans, drainage etc.
Upon consultation with you and discussion about the property and its status, we will be able to fully advise you which report you should use to suit your situation, helping you make an informed choice and decision..
With your industry-recognised, Certificate of Property Inspection, you can feel rest assured going into negotiations
At the end of your report is a Certificate of Inspection. This shows that the inspection has been carried out under NZ Property Standard Guidelines covering inspection to NZS 4306 standards.
Have A Question?
Just complete the form below to ask us.